Sunday 5 January 2014

Keeping the Focus.

Some days start rough. Whether it is a tired start or just a crazy day with two young kids some days it is tough to keep a smile and keep motivated. It is easy to just let a day slide by, one grouchy day, one day without much smiling, its only one day!?! But it isn't only one day, we need to get that motivation back right away, we need take a moment and think of all the good things, the things we want to be strong for. Each day needs to be a good day. When we are able to keep our smile on our face we have more energy to stand up and be strong, to be the person that we set out to be when we decided to change our life.
I was inspired the other day when I realized that I am the only person that can motivate me. Motivation only comes from within, there are many things that can inspire us, to give us something to strive for, but in the end that only becomes motivation when we choose for it to be. Inspiration moves us, motivation changes us.
My inspiration comes when I look at my children and two things always come to mind. I see how they smile and love every aspect of life, they smile that truly joyful smile and that same smile creeps onto my face. At the same time I know I want to be here for them, to be a role model, to see them graduate and to support them long into their life. To be that role model, to be here as long as possible, I need to be healthy, I need to be strong and I will be!
So now I think about those moments that my energy drops and I know I haven't slept right for a week, I pick myself up and I muster the energy to get to the end of the day with a smile, feeling strong and being proud of who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment